KLEEN AIR RESOURCES
Apart from being a California State licensed mechanical contractor, Kleen Air is certified by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). For your peace of mind, we are licensed, bonded, and insured. We are based in Sacramento, CA.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are they a NADCA certified company?
Do they clean the entire system, including all the equipment?
Are they using a truck-mounted power vacuum that moves 16,000 cubic feet of air per minute?
How long have they been cleaning HVAC systems?
Do they have a NADCA Certified Ventilation Inspector on staff?
Do they specialize in source removal of smoke, mold, water, particulate, and contaminants?
Can they provide photo/video documentation before and after the system is cleaned?
Are they a mechanical contractor?
Are they an A+ member of the Better Business Bureau?
Are they a local, family-owned small business?
Are there any health benefits that come from HVAC system cleaning?
- Regular cleaning can improve indoor air quality
- Can get rid of mold, bacteria, dust, and odor
Will HVAC system cleaning reduce our home energy bills?
- A clean system runs more efficiently
- Can prevent the system from breaking down
How should a residential HVAC system be cleaned?
- By the use of a specialized, powerful vacuum that hooks up to the system to create negative pressure
- The vacuum draws air through the system
- Devices are inserted into ducts to dislodge debris
- The debris then travels down the ducts into the vacuum
How often should residential HVAC systems be cleaned?
- Typically, every five years
- Should be more frequent if there are
- Smokers in the home
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination
- Damage to home or HVAC system
- If you have allergies
- After any home renovation
- Prior to occupancy of a new home
What is a normal price range for an air duct cleaning service?
- $450.00–$1,200.00 per heating and cooling system
- Price varies depending on the size of the system, accessibility, level of contamination, and type of duct material
What criteria should I use in selecting an HVAC system cleaner?
- Should be a member and be certified by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)
- Have been in business long enough to have adequate experience
- Have an A+ with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Properly licensed, insured, and bonded
- Recommend cleaning ALL the air ducts and equipment
- Not advertising “$99 whole house specials”
- Has proper equipment such as a power vacuum truck
What about companies that offer whole house duct cleaning for around $99?
- BE aware of “blow-and-go” companies
- They often charge a nominal fee and do a poor job
- May employ the “bait-and-switch” technique by persuading the consumer into unneeded services
Why should I choose a NADCA member to clean my HVAC system?
- Members have signed a Code of Ethics
- Must follow stringent requirements to become a NADCA Member
- Members must have certified Air System Cleaning Specialists (ASCS) on staff
- All members must take and pass the NADCA Certification Examination
Comments are closed.